Check List for Finding an Online Reputation Management Company
Some companies that promote online reputation management do not have the technical knowledge nor the ability to help influence search results and end up causing more harm. A good online reputation management company can easily answer all of the following:
- Do they have a physical address?
- Do they have a direct number and contact person that will work with you throughout the campaign?
- Have they been in business more than a year?
- Does the company have good references?
- Do they only employ white hat tactics?
- Are they willing to show you an example of what they can do?
- Do they address how they will build links?
- Will all the assets they create or promote be under the full control of your company?
- Check their Google rankings can they rank terms other than their own brand terms, the key to good online reputation management is excellent SEO skills if the company you are talking to cannot rank their own site you need to ask them why. There are only 10 spots in the top 10 and there may ne a good valid reason that the company has not focussed on ranking for certain keywords follow your instinct if sounds genuine then it may be. They may not focus on thier own site rankings but may be able to show you rankings for their clients instead.
- Pick up references, if the company cannot provide you with references then walk away. You cannot afford to do this over.
If you answer ‘No’ to any of these questions, you may need to look for another company to manage your online reputation management campaign. Your company’s reputation is worth the time it takes to find the right match.